1000 women in Queensland will be diagnosed with gynaecological cancer each year...40% won’t survive.
Gynaecological cancer incorporates cervical, uterine, ovarian, vulva and vaginal cancer and affects women of all ages. As the incidence of these cancers rise, government funding into research declines. Cherish Women’s Cancer Foundation is about cherishing women and their right to receive the very best possible treatment for gynaecological cancers. While a ‘cure’ for gynaecological cancer could be years away, Cherish is acting right now to improve the effectiveness of current treatments. Many of the best treatments available today can result in life-changing physical and emotional effects.
Did you know …
- Gynaecological cancers are not caused by sexual misbehaviour
- Uterine cancer is the most common gynaecological cancer
- Obesity is the greatest risk factor for uterine cancer
- The routine PAP smear does NOT detect ovarian or uterine cancers
- Only one in seven ovarian cancers is inherited
- Tests to diagnose ovarian cancer early are ineffective
- Cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus that almost every woman harbours
Competition closed. Congratulations to our winner who has been notifed.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who purchased a ticket in our art union raffle and of course a big thank you to Lexus of Brisbane for donating the luxurious LEXUS CT 200h - the world's first hybrid hatch! We CHERISH the support that has enabled us to continue to raise funds for gynaecological cancer research.
My name is Kay and I was diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer four and a half years ago.