1000 women in Queensland will be diagnosed with gynaecological cancer each year...40% won’t survive.
Gynaecological cancer incorporates cervical, uterine, ovarian, vulva and vaginal cancer and affects women of all ages. As the incidence of these cancers rise, government funding into research declines. Cherish Women’s Cancer Foundation is about cherishing women and their right to receive the very best possible treatment for gynaecological cancers. While a ‘cure’ for gynaecological cancer could be years away, Cherish is acting right now to improve the effectiveness of current treatments. Many of the best treatments available today can result in life-changing physical and emotional effects.
Did you know …
- Gynaecological cancers are not caused by sexual misbehaviour
- Uterine cancer is the most common gynaecological cancer
- Obesity is the greatest risk factor for uterine cancer
- The routine PAP smear does NOT detect ovarian or uterine cancers
- Only one in seven ovarian cancers is inherited
- Tests to diagnose ovarian cancer early are ineffective
- Cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus that almost every woman harbours
Host an event for us and help us sell tickets?
Lexus of Brisbane have so generously donated a Lexus CT 200h Luxury, the world’s first luxury hybrid hatch, to help us raise much-needed funds for gynaecological cancer research. This prize will be drawn the Monday after Mother’s Day and makes a fantastic mother’s day gift!
We need your help to sell tickets. Why not host an event where each person pays $50 to attend for which they receive 6 tickets which will put them in the running to win a Lexus CT 200h Luxury. One book of tickets has 60 tickets – invite 10 people and that’s one book of tickets!
We have the following templates available that you can download and either type on (using Adobe Reader), hand write on, or simply email the Cherish team with the relevant details and we can do it for you. We can then send you an electronic file or we can post them to you if you prefer.
- Host high tea/morning tea for Cherish template (PDF - 198kb)
- Host a Mother’s day event for Cherish template (PDF - 564kb)
- Host a cocktail party for Cherish template (PDF - 590kb)
- Host an event for Cherish template (PDF - 547kb)
We appreciate and cherish your time, support, and generosity.
My name is Kay and I was diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer four and a half years ago.